Your Privacy Matters
At nOink we are committed to transparency about the data we collect about you, how it is used and with whom it is shared.
We do not sell your data or track you. It’s your data. If we do any processing on your data it is only after getting your permission for specific processing tasks. This is called informed consent where you know what you are signing up for. We assume the answer is No until you explicitly say Yes.
Your data is treated as opted out of all processing by default, unless you have signed up via a subsidised research programme through a third party (who’s terms and conditions will apply). We do not allow log in or sign up via social media platforms as we do not off load any of our security to third parties.
We take care to protect the privacy of our customers, users of our platform and our services, who communicate (online or offline) with us over the phone, through our mobile applications, websites and social media platforms.
We only collect information that we know we will genuinely use and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The type of information that we will collect on you and of other individuals included in your circle or under your administration access, and you voluntarily provide to us through our website, platform, registration form and service includes:
- Your name
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Survey / Feedback responses
- IP address
- Payment Information
- Conditions pertinent to you
We may, in further dealings with you, extend this information to include services used, subscriptions, records of conversations with us and agreements.
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information; however we require at least the information above in order for us to deal with you as a user of our platform or as a service user in an efficient and effective manner.
The legal basis for processing your data is based on your specific consent that we will have requested at the point the information was initially provided, therefore we will not store, process or transfer your data outside the parties detailed above unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so or that you have specifically requested that we do so to which we will require your express consent.
At nOink we do not track you. We have one cookie simply to speed up your login (a remember me cookie). If you select remember me in the login screen your login name will be stored on your device for the next time you log into nOink. We do not store your password or any other information in this single cookie. You are free to use nOink with or without this cookie.
We believe that the convenience of storing your login name does not compromise security. We never engage with 3rd party cookies. As a rule we would recommend all users clear cookies from their browsers at regular intervals.
We may use your information to:
- To contact you, following your enquiry, reply to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have contacted us about
- Make available our products and services to you
- Process your orders
- Take payment from you or give you a refund
- Personalise your experience
- For statistical analysis and to get feedback from you about our platform, websites, mobile apps, and other services and activities. For example, occasionally we may invite you to review a feature or service you've used from us. If we do, it's possible that we'll use independent research and feedback providers to act on our behalf
- To power our security measures and services so you can safely access our website and mobile apps
- Help us understand more about you as a customer or service user, the products and services you use, so we can serve you better
- To contact you about new features and services from us
- To contact you (based on your consent) to inform you of pioneering research for a condition that is important to you. You will be able to opt in if you wish or remain in an opt out setting
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have
We may share your personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority compels us share the personal data
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk)
- From time to time, we may employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the website or platform. However, all the information we share will be collected and anonymised, so neither you nor any of your devices can be identified from it
- If you request that your personal data is shared, exported, or pooled and anonymised, for medical or other reasons personal to you. We will only do this with your consent
- If you have signed up or registered to a subscription plan which has been paid for by a commercial partner (such as a charity or another company), as part of your user agreement and terms of service this commercial partner may request pooled anonymised data for medical research reasons or to enhance the lives of those managing or dealing with difficult, untreatable, lifestyle or other conditions, or to improve the quality of health of for those they are paying the subscription for. This will be a choice that you make and you will be asked to opt in and consent to your data being used in this way. Please see our User Agreement for more details
We will send you relevant news about our platform features and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously consented to receive these marketing communications. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so by logging into the nOink platform, clicking on My settings > My Account > Manage and changing this accordingly. Or you can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Access Your Personal Information - You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances, by making a request. This is sometimes termed Subject Access Request. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge and aim to do so within 30 days from when your identity has been confirmed. We would ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below
- Right to Correction Your Personal Information - If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below
- Right to Stop or Limit Our Processing of Your Data - You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below
For more information about your privacy rights - The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers such as ourselves are available publicly.
You can access them here . You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and never retain your information for longer than is necessary. Unless otherwise required by law, your data will be stored until you ask us for deletion, at which point it will be deleted within 30 days.
nOink is not a social media platform, however when using our website, platform or mobile applications, you may be able to share information through social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. For example, when you "like", "share" or review our Services.
Information security is of great importance to nOink Ltd and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data. We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of passes, key card access and other related technologies)
- Implementing access controls to our information technology
- We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including strict encryption, anonymisation and archiving techniques) to safeguard your information across all our computer systems, networks, websites, mobile apps and offices
- Never asking you for your passwords
- Advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email
How to contact us
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means: By email: email@example.com.
nOink Ltd Bankside 300
Broadland Business Park